hi
Search
Contact   Flights   Sitemap   Imprint  

PRINCESS TOWN FORT “FRIEDRICHSBURG”

Located on Manfro Hill 5 km east of Fort St. Antonio, this fort was built by the Brandeburgers in 1683. The fort was built in 1683, abandoned in 1716 and shortly afterwards occupied by local chief, John Conny, in 1717, who remained in occupation until 1725 when it was captured by the Dutch and renamed Fort Hollandia. It remained in the possession of the Dutch until 1872 when it was ceded to Britain.